Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dr. Kegel

Ok, how many of you know what a KEGAL is?  No it is not the cheaper Kia version of the automobile the Regal.  The Kegel is an exercise that was named after a renowned Gynecologist Arnold Kegel.  The Kegel exercise consists of contracting and relaxing the muscles that form part of the pelvic floor. Which are now known as the KEGEL MUSCLES?  You must know a lot about VAGINA to have a part of it named after you. I personally would love to meet this Dr. Arnold Kegal. (or my Vagina would anyway.) This exercise is used to strengthen the pelvic floor which consists of the entire area also known as DOWN YONDER.  This muscle supports the Urethra, Bladder, Rectum and Uterus.    So this professor of VAGINA, Dr. Arnold Kegel, he created this VAGINAL MANOMETOR which measures the strength of the pelvic floor muscles.  He did this after observing that the muscles of the pelvic floor weakened after childbirth.  Just imagine how much Vagina he had to study to come to this conclusion. So Kegel Exercises are very important for so many reasons.  I can think of several reasons why I would need strength in the Urethra, Bladder, Rectum and Uterus areas.  I mean several reasons.  All of great importance, but let’s talk about the obvious.  "The strength of the Vagina"  Dr. Arnold figured out that by tightening and relaxing the muscles in that entire region it would strengthen the muscles and make them tighter and give you more control.  So no matter how big that baby was you pushed out. (yes I said YOU)  it will contract and can be restored to its original size.   It is a muscle just like any other muscle in the body the more you work it out the more toned it is and fit and in shape it will be.   Kegel Exercises are very easy, I am doing mine now. Although I did not have any vaginal deliveries with my 3, and no I am not ashamed to say, I still do my Kegel Exercises.  Usually if you get up past about 20 flexes they can be very stimulating and at that point you may lose focus on whatever it is your doing.  Try it now. ……….. Yes……. I’ll Wait………. 20 times, do it. ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….  Yes you get a little distracted after 20 flexes Down Yonder Huh?   I like to do them at Every Stop Light.   Do them at ever stop sign.  Whenever it is you can work them into your schedule, But do it. The importance of you doing them can be very pleasing to both you and your partner.  Yes Working the Kegel muscle during sex can be enjoyed by both you and your partner.  If you have never done it PITY YOU.  WOW. You are missing out.  SO is your mate.  Yes it can help give your Monkey the KUNG FU GRIP. But it can also be very orgasmic to flex that muscle during sex causing for a more intense and pleasurable orgasmic experience.   So yes I encourage you to Work that Kegel.  The Vagina is a very fascinating part of your body, Get to know it. Learn the movements as well as the strength of the muscle that you control with the power of your mind. Have MIND SEX with yourself later by doing Kegels. Stand and Gimmie 50 Kegels!!!  It can be very pleasing.  So until next time here are some tips and tricks to help you with your Kegel Exercises, Deuces!!!






How to do Kegel exercises

It takes diligence to identify your pelvic floor muscles and learn how to contract and relax them. Here are some pointers:
§  Find the right muscles. Insert a finger inside your vagina and try to squeeze the surrounding muscles. You should feel your vagina tighten and your pelvic floor move upward. Then relax your muscles and feel your pelvic floor return to the starting position. You can also try to stop the flow of urine when you urinate. If you succeed, you've got the basic move. Don't make a habit of starting and stopping your urine stream, though. Doing Kegel exercises with a full bladder or while emptying your bladder can actually weaken the muscles, as well as lead to incomplete emptying of the bladder — which increases the risk of a urinary tract infection.
§  Perfect your technique. Once you've identified your pelvic floor muscles, empty your bladder and sit or lie down. Contract your pelvic floor muscles, hold the contraction for five seconds, then relax for five seconds. Try it four or five times in a row. Work up to keeping the muscles contracted for 10 seconds at a time, relaxing for 10 seconds between contractions.
§  Maintain your focus. For best results, focus on tightening only your pelvic floor muscles. Be careful not to flex the muscles in your abdomen, thighs or buttocks. Avoid holding your breath. Instead, breathe freely during the exercises.
§  Repeat three times a day. Aim for at least three sets of 10 repetitions a day. You might make a practice of fitting in a set every time you do a routine task, such as checking email, commuting to work, preparing meals or watching TV.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiki, I had to do this in theraphy for my back as well.. I don't recall if they called it the same name, but it was to strenghten my lower back as well..

ChocolateOrchid said...

This is really an indepth article. Thanks for posting. I didn't know all that. "Vaginal Manometer"?...Really?! Lol.

I also didn't know that stopping/starting the flow of urine was not a good move.

Thanks again for the info!

Nola said...

was the YOU you was talking about ME? I mean I know that last kid weighed in at 11 lbs 4oz, but worry not I Kegel my friend!

Kiki said...

11 Lbs!!! WOW my monkey just screamed and ran the other way. No I wasn't talking about you, but I can tell ya now I am thinking you fit the description. You better than me, I told my Doctor "It's not sense in messing up something that ain't broken" Let's Cut em out." I Know, I took the wimpy way out. I am not ashamed.

@ Ms.Orchid Glad you enjoyed it.
@ Anony. Glad to know that,Did you notice it helped.